MicroTek Announces 2017 Charitable Donations
MicroTek is pleased to announce the recipients of its annual charitable donations. The donations were made through the company’s benevolence account, the Dave Ironside Fund. Established in 2001, the Fund serves as a way for MicroTek to give back to the communities where it conducts business by helping local organizations that are in need of support.
“Community involvement has always played a major role in MicroTek’s corporate culture, so we are thrilled to be able to make this contribution. Every year, our employees get excited to handpick the organizations that will be receiving a donation. We all want to make a positive impact in our communities and this is a great way to accomplish that,” said Kimberly Markovich, MicroTek Vice President.
Dave Ironside was one of the original employees of MicroTek. As part of his personal outreach, he worked with troubled and needy kids, many times taking them into his own home as they sorted out their lives.
Each year, employees at each MicroTek location choose a local charity to receive the donations. “We are grateful for our ability to share during this giving season. I want to thank MicroTek’s employees for their thoughtful consideration in choosing the recipients. It is with great pride that I announce the charities that our employees have chosen for the David Ironside donations this year,” said Don Slivensky, MicroTek CEO. They are as follows:
- Los Angeles – Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- San Francisco – Community Housing Partnership
- Dallas – American Cancer Society
- Denver – Safehouse Denver
- Chicago – Project Fierce Chicago
- Atlanta – National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Boston – Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Dulles – Interfaith Works
- New York – Children’s Aid Society
- Orlando – The First Tee of Central Florida
- Washington, DC – Martha’s Table
- Downers Grove, IL (Corporate HQ) – Childserv